If you are looking into roof repair or replacement in Massachusetts, you may have heard of an asphalt roof. But what is an asphalt roof, and what makes it a good option for your roofing needs? Here, we’ve listed out eight benefits of asphalt roofing to help you make your decision!
What is an Asphalt Roof?
An asphalt roof is a roof of asphalt shingles. Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material in North America. The asphalt makes the shingles waterproof, and they are installed in an overlapping pattern to keep water out of your home.
What are the Benefits of Asphalt Roofing?
- Asphalt roofs are less expensive upfront due to the cost of the materials and installation.
- They are lower maintenance than many other types of roofing.
- Asphalt shingles are versatile and can take on different shapes, forms, and angles.
- Asphalt shingles can come in a variety of different colors, which means you aren’t limited to one particular look.
- An asphalt roof is relatively easy to care for.
- The popularity of asphalt roofing means it is easy to find professionals who have lots of experience with the material.
- Asphalt roofing is the ideal weight, not too light or too heavy. You don’t have to worry about your home collapsing under the weight of your roof!
- Finally, an asphalt roof will last for a long time, especially if it is inspected regularly and well-maintained.
Why Do We Use Asphalt Shingles?
At Power Construction, we use asphalt shingles because we believe they are an excellent option for the average homeowner’s roofing needs. Due to the many benefits listed above, asphalt roofing wins out over all the other types of roofing by far.
Want to know more about asphalt roofing or roof repair? Visit our website or give us a call at (888) 405-8908 for more information!